Here at Streatham Hill Vets, we are lucky enough to welcome lots of adorable visitors every day. Our state of the art facilities, advanced technology and highly experienced team mean that we often welcome guests that are in need of complicated or emergency surgeries.
We see fascinating cases all the time and love being able to make your precious pets better. 😊 Recently, we’ve performed a series of emergency surgeries and we wanted to share some of the heart-warming stories with you.
Read on below to find out more…
Buster Comes Back
The gorgeous Buster has visited us at Streatham Hill Vets a few times now. Isn’t he cute? 😍
He recently came in as his owners noticed that he hadn’t been himself. He wasn’t eating much and had also been vomiting. 😢
Our experienced vet felt Buster’s abdomen and could feel something solid straight away that definitely shouldn’t be there! After diagnostic imaging, we came to the conclusion that Buster had in fact eaten something that he shouldn’t of. This was now stuck in his ilium, which is the last part of the intestines.
Poor little Buster has actually visited us before for something similar, when he accidentally ate the stone of a peach. This time, we found that he had eaten a piece of broken corn on the cob! 🌽 Our vet removed this and after some well-deserved rest, Buster was feeling well enough to go home the next day. 💚
He has since been back to see us for a check up- and lots of cuddles of course! 💕
Poor Decaff was rushed into Streatham Hill Vets as an emergency case. 💚
Sadly, another dog had attacked this gorgeous girl. 😢
Decaff had been bitten on the ear but she didn’t let that dampen her spirit. She came into the surgery wagging her tail and was such a brave girl. 🌟
Our team gave her lots of love and attention to make her feel better. Our experienced Vet Alice cleaned her wound and applied a nice, pink bandage with lots of hearts to protect the wound and stop the bleeding- and to show her some love of course. 💕
We think she looks adorable! 😍
Wilson’s Missing Toy
Meet Wilson- the beautiful Border Terrier. 🐶
We had a fascinating case recently when Wilson was rushed to the surgery. This lovely boy was just 7 months old when he came to see us. His owners were extremely worried that Wilson had eaten something he shouldn’t have.
They suspected that he had swallowed something whilst playing at the park. He also started vomiting, so his owners brought him straight to see us.
Little Wilson was admitted for investigation straight away. Our experienced team carried out some tests and noticed that there was an abnormal structure in his stomach.
Wilson went in for surgery and we couldn’t believe what we found!! 😱
He had indeed swallowed something strange and the item in question was a large smiley-faced toy! Take a look at the picture below.
Thanks to the fast action of his responsible owners, Wilson was treated really quickly. He was sitting up within a few hours afterwards and was feeling well enough to go home the very next day. We gave him lots of farewell cuddles before he went back to his owners for more TLC. 💙 💙 💙
A Swallowed Sewing Needle!
Boyzee’s owners were very worried about him and rushed him into our surgery, as they suspected he had swallowed a piece of thread that had a sewing needle attached to the end! 🐱
Our experienced team examined him straight away and could see that Boyzee was feeling uncomfortable around the neck area. We also felt an abnormal swelling. 😢
Boyzee was admitted immediately and we placed him under general anaesthetic. This was so that a full examination of his mouth could be performed. We also carried out x-rays and these confirmed that there was a foreign body. This item was indeed a sewing needle. 😮
The thread could be seen coming out of Boyzee’s tongue and we were worried that the needle could have potentially entered his trachea and/or oesophagus. Thankfully though, the needle had passed through the soft tissues of the proximal neck.
This meant that our wonderful vet Harriet was able to safely remove it by using a small forceps and applying some pressure to the tongue so that she could grasp the point of the needle and carefully remove it.
Boyzee was so happy afterwards and enjoyed giving himself a good clean up, as well as getting showered with love and cuddles from the team. He went home feeling much better for some well-deserved rest and recovery. 💚
We’re glad that this cheeky boy is now feeling as good as new. 😊 🐱
If you have any concerns about your beloved pets please don’t hesitate to contact our surgery on- 0208 674 3525. 📞