STATE OF THE ART LAPAROSCOPIC SURGERY AT STREATHAM HILL VETS
WHAT IS LAPAROSCOPY AND HOW CAN THIS BENEFIT YOUR PET?
- Laparoscopy is also known as ‘key hole surgery’.
- It has been the gold standard in human surgery for years and has now been developed for the use of veterinary surgery.
- We are using it for abdominal surgeries such as ovariectomies (spay), crytorchid surgery (undescended testacles) and organ biopsies.
- We use a surgical telescope and very thin specially designed instruments.
- Therefore the incisions are significantly smaller, and there is less trauma to the muscles and other tissues.
- Less risk of post-operative infections
- Shorter hospitalisation
- Significantly less pain, bruising and a smaller scar
Your pet has less time under anaesthesia, less pain and a much faster recovery time, so therefore a much happier pet!
Please contact reception if you would like to book in your pet on 0208 674 3525.